Coconut Burfi : An Indian Sweet
Coconut Burfi is a popular Indian Sweet dish.
Coconut (dry and ground) : 225 gms
Khoya : 225 gms
Cardamom seeds (ground) : 1 tsp
Ghee : 1 tbsp
Grated Almonds : 1/2 tsp
Grated pistachios : 1/2 tsp
Sugar : 2 cups
Water : 2 cups
Method : How to make coconut burfi:
- Add Ghee in a heavy bottom pan and fry coconut on a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add Kyoya and cook for another 10 minutes while continuously stirring .
- Add cardamom and mix well.
- Prepare one string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water.
- Now stir the coconut mixture into the syrup.
- Grease the plate with some oil and spread the grated nuts on it.
- Spread the prepared coconut mixuture evenly over the plate and allow it to cool.
- cut it into desired shapes ( square or diamond) with the help of a sharp knife.
- Turn them over so that nuts covered part appears on the top.
- Coconut burfi is ready to serve.