Malpua – A delicious Indian Dessert
Milk : 1 litre
Suji ( semolina) : 1/ cup
Maida ( Refined flour) : 1/4 cup
Oil or Ghee : to deep fry
Sugar : 3 cup
Water : to make sugar syrup
Rose essence : 1 tsp
Method : How to make Malpua
- Make a sugar syrup of 1 thread consistency using sugar, water and rose essence
- Boil the milk till it reduces to 1/2 its quantity.
- Roast the rava till light brown. Add to the milk along with maida.
- Mix well and make a smooth poring consistency batter, there should be no lumps.
- Take the batter in a glass and pour in circular movements into the ghee to form a small pan cake. Turn over.
- Take care while frying, it should be crisp and hard.
- Dip the malpua in the sugar syrup.
- Serve in a plate garnished with chopped pistachios.