Ginger Chicken – Indian Style
Boneless Chicken cut into small cubes : 1 kg
Sliced Onion : 1
chopped Tomatoes : 3 medium
Whipped Yogurt/curd : 3 tbsp
Ginger, cut into thin strips : 3 tbsp
Ginger garlic Paste : 1 tbsp
Green Chilies, thinly sliced : 2-4
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Cooking Oil : 1/2 cup
Lemon Juice : 1 tbsp
Chili Powder : 1 1/2 tsp
Garlic Paste : 1 tbsp
Garam Masala : 1 tsp
Chat Masala : 1 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tsp
Salt : to taste
Chopped coriander leaves : 3 tbsp
Method : How to make Ginger Chicken
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir fry until soft for about 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir fry about 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add little water if the mixture sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken and fry until the water is evaporated completely.
- Put in turmeric, chili powder,salt and coriander powder and cook for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook while stirring constantly till all moistures eveporates.
- Mix in yogurt and fry for few more minutes, stirring constantly
- Add a little water, if necessary, to avoid the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the oil begins to separate.
- Add ginger, chat masala, lemon juice, garam masala, coriander leaves and green chilies.
- Serve hot with rice or Indian bread.