Traditional Dundee Cake
Refined flour : 350 gms
Butter : 225 gms
Castor sugar : 225 gms
Eggs : 3
baking powder : 1/4 tsp
Chopped glaced cherries : 75 gms
Currants : 110 gms
Chopped lemon and orange rind/peel : 50 gms
Raisins : 110 gms
Blanched and chopped almonds : 50 gms
Cherry : 1 tsp
Method : How to make dundee cake:
- Grease and line a cake tin.
- In a bowl mix together raisins, peel, almonds, currants, raisins and cherries along with a table spoon on refined flour.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter till soft then add castor sugar and beat till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add eggs one by one to the creamed mixture while beating well.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder together in a separate container and add to the creamed mixture along with the cherry
- and all the dried fruits mix together.
- Pour this mixture into the greased tin. Decorate the top with some blanched almonds.
- Bake this cake for 1 hour in preheated oven for 200 degrees celcius.
- When done cool the cake in the cake tin itself for 10-15 minutes and then let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with love on this christmas.