Amla Ka Achar
• 500 gms (18 ounce) Amla (Gooseberries)
• 1 cup (236 ml) Mustard Oil
• 1/2 cup Chili Powder
• 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 ½ tbsp Salt
• 1 tbsp Onion Seeds
• 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
• 3 tbsp Mustard Seeds
How to make Amla Ka Achar:
• Boil the gooseberries for 3:5 minutes.
• Take out from fire and leave aside for 5 minutes.
Pita Bread : 3
Chicken Salad : 1 bowl
Method : How to make Chicken Salad Pocket Sandwich
- Cut each pita bread into half
- Slit horizontally with a knife and make a pocket in the pita bread.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful into each pita half.
- Chicken Salad Pockets are ready to serve.
- It goes great with Tahini Sauce
1/4th cup washed and drained rice
4-5 cups milk
2-3 cardamom seeds (crushed)
2 tbsp almonds (blanched and sliced)
A pinch of saffron threads, soaked milk
1 tbsp skinned and chopped pistachio nuts (Optional)
1 tbsp raisins
2-3 tbsp sugar or as per taste
How to make kheer:
- Put the rice, milk and cardamom in a thick bottom pan, bring to boil and simmer gently until the rice is soft and the grains are starting to break up. Keep stirring it to avoid sticking at the bottom. This will take 30-40 minutes
- Add almonds, pistachio, saffron and raisins and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove the rice kheer from heat and serve hot or chilled, garnish with some sliced almonds.
1 cup Curd
1cup peeled and chopped Ripe Mango
1 tablespoon Sugar or to taste
1/4th tsp Cardamom Powder
Method :How to make mango lassi
- Mix all ingredients and blend until smooth in a blender.
- Strain/Passs through a sieve by pushing as much liquid as possible.
- Pour in glasses and serve.
peeled and finely chopped 1/2 cucumber
2 finely Chopped Onion
2 Finely Chopped tomato
1/2 finely chopped lettuce
4 tsp lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp chilli powder
How to make kachumber salad:
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl and serve cold
Cream of Broccoli is a healthy cream soup
Broccoli: 500 gms
1 medium sized Onion
4 cloves Garlic
2 inches Celery Stalk
4 cups Stock or water
1 Cup milk
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Method : How to make broccoli soup
- Cut broccoli into small florets and wash well.
- Peel and roughly chop onion and garlic.
- Wash and chop celery stalk.
- Heat vegetable stock or water with chopped onion, garlic and celery.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add broccoli florets and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes without covering the pan.
- Remove from fire, cool and puree it in a blender.
- Add milk to pureed broccoli and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, Add salt and white powder to taste.
- Serve hot garnished with cream and croutons.
Note : Heath conscious people can avoid adding cream and croutons.
1 cup Puffed Rice (Murmura)
½ medium size chopped Tomato
½ medium size chopped Onion
1/2 cup boiled and mashed Potato
4 chopped Green Chilli
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tblsp chopped Ginger
6 tsp Tamarind/Imli Chutney
6 tlsp Mint/Green Chutney
1/2 cup Nimkis
1/2 cup Sev
2 tsp Lime or Lemon Juice
1/4 cup chopped Coriander Leaves
Method : How to make bhel puri
- Mix the puffed rice, tomatoes, chopped ginger,onions and mashed potato
- Add salt, green chili,tamarind chutney and mint chutney to this.
- Lightly crush the nimkis and add add the sev and and mix well.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
100 gms blanched almonds
5 whole peppercorns
60 gms pumpkin seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom seeds
500 ml milk
125 gms sugar or to taste
rose water (optional)
Method : How to make Thandai
In an electric blender combine almonds, peppercorns and seeds with few ml of milk and blend at high speed until finely ground.