1 cup Curd
1cup peeled and chopped Ripe Mango
1 tablespoon Sugar or to taste
1/4th tsp Cardamom Powder
Method :How to make mango lassi
- Mix all ingredients and blend until smooth in a blender.
- Strain/Passs through a sieve by pushing as much liquid as possible.
- Pour in glasses and serve.
peeled and finely chopped 1/2 cucumber
2 finely Chopped Onion
2 Finely Chopped tomato
1/2 finely chopped lettuce
4 tsp lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp chilli powder
How to make kachumber salad:
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl and serve cold
Cream of Broccoli is a healthy cream soup
Broccoli: 500 gms
1 medium sized Onion
4 cloves Garlic
2 inches Celery Stalk
4 cups Stock or water
1 Cup milk
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Method : How to make broccoli soup
- Cut broccoli into small florets and wash well.
- Peel and roughly chop onion and garlic.
- Wash and chop celery stalk.
- Heat vegetable stock or water with chopped onion, garlic and celery.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add broccoli florets and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes without covering the pan.
- Remove from fire, cool and puree it in a blender.
- Add milk to pureed broccoli and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, Add salt and white powder to taste.
- Serve hot garnished with cream and croutons.
Note : Heath conscious people can avoid adding cream and croutons.
1 cup Puffed Rice (Murmura)
½ medium size chopped Tomato
½ medium size chopped Onion
1/2 cup boiled and mashed Potato
4 chopped Green Chilli
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tblsp chopped Ginger
6 tsp Tamarind/Imli Chutney
6 tlsp Mint/Green Chutney
1/2 cup Nimkis
1/2 cup Sev
2 tsp Lime or Lemon Juice
1/4 cup chopped Coriander Leaves
Method : How to make bhel puri
- Mix the puffed rice, tomatoes, chopped ginger,onions and mashed potato
- Add salt, green chili,tamarind chutney and mint chutney to this.
- Lightly crush the nimkis and add add the sev and and mix well.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
100 gms blanched almonds
5 whole peppercorns
60 gms pumpkin seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom seeds
500 ml milk
125 gms sugar or to taste
rose water (optional)
Method : How to make Thandai
In an electric blender combine almonds, peppercorns and seeds with few ml of milk and blend at high speed until finely ground.
Boneless Shredded Chicken : 100 gms
Chicken Stock : 500 ml
Finely Chopped Garlic : 1 tblp
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Butter : 2 tsp
Oil : 1 tblsp
Refined Flour : 1 tblsp
Fresh Cream : 1 tblsp
Chicken Salad pocket sandwich
Pita Bread : 3
Chicken Salad : 1 bowl
Method : How to make Chicken Salad Pocket Sandwich
- Cut each pita bread into half
- Slit horizontally with a knife and make a pocket in the pita bread.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful into each pita half.
- Chicken Salad Pockets are ready to serve.
- It goes great with Tahini Sauce
Burger Buns : 4 ( little toasted)
Fish fillet cut into finger : 300 gms
Shredded lettuce : 1 cup
Mayonnaise or tartar sauce : 1/4 cup
All purpose flour: 2 tbsp
Cornfloor : 2 tbsp
vegetable oil : 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Method : How to make Fish fillet burger:
- Place cornfloor, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and Mix well.
- Coat fish fillets with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and fry fish fillets over medium-high heat.
- Cook in hot oil for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Spread mayonnaise sauce on both sides of burger buns.
- Place fish fillets on buns and top buns with lettuce leaves.
- Fish Fillet Sandwiches are ready to serve.
Bathue Ka Raita
Bathue ka Raita is a healthy recipe which can be served as side dish with lunch or dinner or with Paratha
Curd : 2 Cups
Boiled and mashed Bathua : 1/2 cup
Roasted Cumin Powder : 1tsp
Salt : to taste
Red chili powder : to taste
- Stir/whisk the curd with hand mixer
- Add mashed bathua and mix well. If it is too thick add little milk or water..
- Add salt, cumin powder and chili powder, mix well.
- Keep in refrigerator for an hour and serve chilled with Aloo Paratha etc.
Chicken Malai tikka is one of the best North Indian appetiser . Its uniqueness is itstexture, it just melts in mouth. Though little high on calories because of cream and cheese but itsgreat taste is worth taking that extra calories.
Chicken (boneless) : 1/2 kg
malt vinegar : 1 tbsp
Egg : 1
Processed cheese : 60 gms
Ginger garlic paste : 2 tbsp
15 gms salt
white pepper : 2 tsp
Corn flour : 2 tsp
Fresh cream : 1 cup
Butter : 30 gms
Chat masala : to taste